Margherita Paoletti is an artist and illustrator. She was born in Fabriano in 1990. She graduated at the European Institute of Design of Rome in Illustration and Animation in 2013. Also, she attended courses at Central Saint Martins and BTK in Berlin. In 2016 she has been doing Artistic Residencies in Estonia and Japan, focusing on personal projects and exhibitions. In 2017 she moved to London where she has worked as a creative designer for an ethical brand called Bex Rox Studio. Currently she is based in Italy, where she is working as a freelancer artist and illustrator, developing her artistic practice through exhibitions.
Margherita’s poetic is based on the central theme of the body, conceived as an organic container holding life, dreams, desires, memories and experiences. Margherita tries to translate into a visual expression the new organic physiognomy of the body, made of narration, visual metaphors, colours and nature.
• 2019. The Ladies Room. Curated by Danielle Krysa. Group exhibirion. San Francisco. USA.
• 2018. Factory Grisù, Ferrara, Italy.Dreams that money can’t buy, a group exhibition made in collaboration with the curator Sara Ricci and Cellar Contemporary art gallery.
• 2016. AIRY, Artist in Residence Yamanashi, Kofu, Japan.Group exhibition of drawings, paper installation and painted textiles.
• 2016. Trykkimuuseum and Grusbeke Tower, Tartu and Tallin, Estonia.
Personal exhibition of etchings created during the artistic residency at the Printing Museum in Tartu, Estonia.
• 2016. Bibliotecha Wittockiana, Bruxelles, Belgio.
Selection of two drypoint prints for the group exhibition René Carcan.
• 2015/16. International Print Centre New York. Selection of two drypoint prints for the contest Commedia: new prints 2015/Autumn.
Trykimuuseum, Printing and Paper Museum. Tartu, Estonia. February – April 2016.
AIR_Y. Kofu, Japan. July – August 2016.