Margherita Paoletti is an artist and illustrator. She was born in Fabriano in 1990. She graduated at the European Institute of Design of Rome in Illustration and Animation in 2013. Also, she attended courses at Central Saint Martins and BTK in Berlin. In 2016 she has been doing Artistic Residencies in Estonia and Japan, focusing on personal projects and exhibitions. In 2017 she moved to London where she has worked as a creative designer for an ethical brand called Bex Rox Studio. In 2018 Margherita went back to Italy and started working as an artist and as a freelance illustrator. In 2019 she begins her artistic career with her participation at SetUp Contemporary art fair in Bologna, also at Lunetta festival in Mantua and in a group exhibition called Fandango, curated by Camilla Nacci together with the art gallery Cellar Contemporary in Trento. Also, Margherita was selected by Danielle Krysa (The Jealous curator) for the only women art fair The Ladies Room in San Francisco. In 2020 Margherita is invited to conceive her first solo show in the prestigious Palazzo Boncompagni in Bologna, in collaboration with Cellar Contemporary and Simona Gavioli.
Margherita’s poetics is based on the central theme of the body, conceived as an organic container holding life, dreams, desires, memories and experiences. Margherita tries to translate into a visual expression the new organic physiognomy of the body, made of narration, visual metaphors, colours and nature.
• 2020. Il giardino abitato. Personal exhibition with Cellar Contemporary.Palazzo Boncompagni, Bologna.
• 2020. Society of illustrator. Selection for the Annual catalog and group exhibition of selected works. Society of illustrators, New York city.
• 2020. The Ladies Room Art Fair. San Francisco, USA.
• 2020. Fandango. Group exhibition with Cellar Contemporary,Trento, Italia.
• 2020. Lunetta Without Frontiers. Group exhibition. Mantova, Italia.
•2019. SetUp Contemporary art fair. Bologna, Italia.
• 2016. AIRY, Artist in Residence Yamanashi. Kofu, Japan.
• 2016. Futetsu Gallery. Kofu, prefecture of Yamanashi, Japan.
• 2016. Trykkimuuseum. Personal exhibition. Tartu and Tallin, Estonia.
2016. Bibliotecha Wittockiana. Group exhibition. Bruxelles, Belgio.
• 2015/16. International Print Centre New York. Group exhibition. New York, USA.